Creating your own Web TV station could be very fun and lucrative business, especially if you are an expat – in Brazil or anywhere else.
A Web TV station does not require any license and you don’t need to have any previous experience except basic knowledge of using Internet and a webcam.
The best thing is – there isn’t much competition, but the demand for online, streaming video is huge! And by creating your own Web TV you can broadcast live anything you want – concerts, shows, church events, weddings, family, friends or business reunions, scenery, wild life, etc.
The business model I personally use is to charge for commercials within the live broadcast and also for live broadcasting events, meetings, concerts, shows, etc.
So, if you like the idea, here is how to go about it. All you need is an Internet connection, live broadcasting software, laptop, webcam and microphone.
– The Internet connection – The most important is the upload speed, since you’ll be broadcasting – not just receiving signal. In my experience it should be minimum of 0,5Mb – but, as faster as better.
– The Live Broadcasting software – I’m using Talk Fusion. I’ll explain why a bit later in the post.
– The Laptop – It just needs fast processor and good graphics card, if you need my opinion on existing configuration – please comment below and I’ll be glad to help.
– The Webcam – Separate HD Webcam connected to the laptop via USB is better than just using your normally integrated Webcam. It will give you better quality and flexibility when broadcasting since it could be positioned on tripod. Any HD Webcam will do, good brands ate Logitech and Microsoft, but there are plenty of other good makes on the market. I’m using Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, 1080p Widescreen Video Calling and Recording. Again, if you need my opinion on your existing webcam, just comment below.
– The Microphone – While you can use the HD Webcam integrated mike, I would definitely recommend using separated professional one. The quality of sound is extremely important, so invest in something like Audio-Technica ATR-6550 Video Camera Condenser Shotgun Microphone.
Now, about the Live Broadcasting software. As I said above, I’m using Talk Fusion Live Broadcasting software as service.
This is by far the most sophisticated yet very simple software to use in your Web TV station. It permits up to 15 webcams connected at the same time, so I can do interviews from a distance (CNN style). It’s loaded with features such as separated screen for commercials, live viewers counter, live chat screen, etc. It also permits unlimited audience and unlimited presenters, which is very important!
The other thing I love about it is that the Talk Fusion Live Broadcasting software comes in a package with other 8 great video communication products: Video Email, Video Newsletters, Video Conferencing, the Fusion On The Go Mobile App, E-Subscription Forms, Video Auto Responders, Fusion Wall, Video Blog and Video Share!
I am especially happy with the Video E-mail and Video Newsletter as they allow me to announce my Live Broadcasting in extremely innovative and appealing way and also send recordings of the live events by e-mail to those who couldn’t watch it as they happened.
I can provide with 1 hour live demo, if you wish to test before you buy it! Just let me know in the comments field!
Thanks and Happy Broadcasting!